You Don’t Have to Whip the Whipped Cream
I don’t like all the toppings people place on sundaes. I like the chocolate syrup/hot fudge, the sprinkles and sometimes the nuts.
What I don’t like is the whipped cream. I also don’t like whip cream, but that’s because whip cream is incorrect.
The stuff you buy at the store or you put on your sundae (or other dessert) is whipped cream.
It’s easy to tell the difference. The cream has already been whipped by the time it reaches your dessert. To whip cream means you’re actually performing the act.
Grocery stores sell whipping cream, which allows you to whip cream and then serve whipped cream.
I also don’t like the cherry on top.
Until next time! Use the right words!
No comments yet.
- Friends Don’t Let Friends Commit Crimes
- I Hope You Stay Stuck in That Airport
- Networkers Say the Darndest Things
- How Doth it Scam? Let Me Count the Ways
- Fake News, Alternative Facts and a Scam
- Call It What it Is: Propaganda
- Gallagher: Another Wordsmith
- Commonly Misused Words
- Not Wanted: This Dating Partner
- A New Year but Same Old Media
- Do Billionaires Really Write Like This?
- Networking Nonsense That Makes Me WRITE IN CAPITALS!!!!!